Getting full context of Grafana alerts using distributed tracing
Link specific filters on traces from Helios into your Grafana dashboards to ensure you have the full context of what occurred when troubleshooting alerts.
Exporting a filter from Helios
- Browse into the 'Traces' page in Helios and set the specific filter.
- Make sure the filters are set properly and that the traces which appear do correspond with the filters.
- Click on the 3 dots at the top-right side of the filters box and choose 'Link filter to Grafana dashboard'.
- The link will be copied to your clipboard.
Linking the filter to a Grafana dashboard
- On your chosen Grafana dashboard, choose 'Edit'.
- Scroll down on the right pane to 'Panel links' and click on 'Add link'.
- On the opened prompt, set the title to 'See traces in Helios' (or any other title you would like to give).
- Paste the copied link from Helios into the URL field.
- Set 'Open in new tab' as you would like and click 'Save'.
- Make sure the link is configured under the Panel links.
- Save the panel and see the link appearing at the top of your dashboard, on the right side of the title.
- Click on the link and investigate your production issues in Helios!
Grafana is the open source analytics & monitoring solution for every database.
Updated 1 day ago