- What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
- How we protect and retain your Personal Information
- How we share your Personal Information
- Your privacy rights
- Use by children
- Interaction with third party products
- Analytic tools
- Specific provisions applicable under California privacy law
- Contact us
Helios is a production readiness platform for cloud-native and distributed applications. Our mission is to help developers prevent production issues and save precious engineering efforts by providing an automated way to code and maintain tests.
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. We collect the following information you provide directly to us, including, without limitation, information that you decide to provide/supply us with when you communicate with Helios (via email, website or telephone). We may also contact you directly, and such calls may be monitored or recorded.
- Information from your use of our Services. Helios may collect information when you register, make use of our platform, Services and/or any other free feature or testing product/platform: full name, business name & email address, your IP address and usage pattern of your use of our Services and/or any file or documents that you decide to input to the platform or features that we made available to you.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may automatically collect certain information through your use of the Helios Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your device, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, internet service provider and other information about actions taken through the use of the Helios Services.
- To provide you with the Helios Services (including, the platform). Helios will use your information to provide the Helios Services and to send you communications and/or emails for product-related matters, including, support, maintenance and/or other types of assistance (for example, in order to assist you to complete the installation of Helios Services).
- For Administrative Purposes. Helios may use your information (i) to respond to your questions, comments, and other requests for customer support, or information, including information about potential or future services; (ii) to provide you with the Helios Services; (iii) for internal quality control purposes; (iv) to generate aggregated version of the information to improve our services and products; (v) to establish a business relationship; and (vi) to generally administer the Helios Services.
- To Market the Helios Services. Helios may use your information to market the Helios Services. Such use includes (i) notifying you about offers and services that may be of interest to you (including, without limitation, new features or recommendations); (ii) tailoring content, advertisements, and offers for you, including, targeting and re-targeting practices; (iii) conducting market research; (iv) developing and marketing new products and services, and to measure interest in Helios’ services; and (v) other purposes disclosed at the time you provide information.
- Security purposes. Some of the above mentioned information will be used for detecting, taking steps to prevent and prosecuting fraud or other illegal activity; to identify and repair errors; to conduct audits; and for security purposes. Information may also be used to comply with applicable laws, with investigations performed by the relevant authorities, law enforcement purposes, and/or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information Use. In certain cases, we may or will anonymize or de-identify your Information and further use it for internal and external purposes, including, without limitation, to improve the services and for research purposes. We may use this anonymous or de-identified information and/or disclose it to third parties without restrictions (for example, in order to improve our services and enhance your experience with them).
We relay on the following legal bases for processing personal information (if, and when applicable):
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data. In certain circumstances (e.g., customers) we rely on the soft-opt exception;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject; and/or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest.
- Security. We have implemented and maintained reasonable technical, organizational and security measures designed to protect your information. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be compromised as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
- Retention of your information. Your information will be stored until we delete our records, and we proactively delete it, or if you send a valid deletion request. Please note that in some circumstances we may store your information for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, and/or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your information or dealings.
In addition to the recipients described above, we may share your information as follows:
- The information Helios gathers is shared with our partners and other third parties.
We may use third party service providers to process your information for the purposes outlined above, including, without limitation:
a. With cloud service providers for hosting purposes;
b. With third parties in order to improve the product development (e.g. logs, error monitoring, internal communication);
c. With websites and web content creation platforms in order to help us manage our Website; and
d. With email providers, marketing, CRM, and other similar tools (e.g., HubSpot).
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, courts, banks or competent authorities, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules (including, without limitation, federal, state or local laws), and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order, as well as for internal compliance procedures and to protect the safety, security, and integrity of Helios, our Services, customers, employees, property, and the public..
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer, or we consider selling or transferring, some or all of our business, shares or assets to a third party, we will disclose your information to such third party (whether actual or potential) in connection with the foregoing events (including, without limitation, our current or potential investors). In the event that we are acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer, disclose or assign your information in connection with the foregoing events.
- Where you have otherwise provided your consent to us for sharing or transferring your information.
- Rights: You can exercise your rights by contacting us at [email protected]. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly in accordance with applicable law or inform you if we need further information in order to fulfill your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm or verify your identity and for security purposes, before processing and/or honoring your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
- Marketing emails – opt-out: You may choose not to receive marketing emails by unsubscribing through a link provided in the marketing emails, or by contacting us at [email protected]. We will process your request within a reasonable time after its receipt.
We do not offer our products or services for use by children and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect information from, and/or about children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not provide any information to us without the involvement of a parent or a guardian. In the event that we become aware that you provide information in violation of applicable privacy laws, we reserve the right to delete it. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at [email protected].
We enable you to interact with third party websites, mobile software applications and products or services that are not owned, or controlled, by us (each, a “Third Party Service”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Third Party Services. Please be aware that Third Party Services can collect information from you. Accordingly, we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third Party Service.
- We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice (Shine the Light): Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at [email protected].
Last updated: March 6, 2023
Updated 7 months ago